The iRoom has a Lifesize Icon 450 video conference system which may be used to provide video for Zoom hosted meetings. The device is located on the rack at the back of room 292A and consists of two units, a controller with speaker and microphone, and a remote control video camera. Normally, audio for a meeting will be provided by a Nureva HDL300 conference microphone and speaker located at the front of the room, the Lifesize camera is used to provide video with the built-in sound capabilities muted. To use the camera video for a meeting, make sure the unit is plugged in and powered up with the touch display on the controller active, then perform the following steps:
- Start a Zoom meeting on your laptop or one of the Span Wall computers at the front of 292. Note the Zoom meeting ID (9 to 12 digits).
- On the Lifesize controller display touch "Call", then "Favorites".
- Touch "zoomapp", then "Dial as Video".
- When the connection is established, touch "Keypad", then enter the Zoom meeting ID, followed by "#".
- The unit will connect to the meeting and provide a video feed.
- To disconnect the system from the meeting, touch "END".
DO NOT remove the video conference system and/or rack from room 292 without appropriate permission.